[an error occurred while processing this directive]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Bacon butties blamed for blaze

Tue, 05 May 2015


Firefighters were called into action yesterday after one homeowner's attempt at making bacon sandwiches.

Two appliances from Douglas attended a house on Upper Dukes Road at 1.45pm where they dealt with a small kitchen blaze.

A grill pan had been accidentally left on after use and the excess fat had ignited - the resident had begun tackling the fire themselves by throwing the pan into the garden.

However it proceeded to set fire to a small outside table which firefighters extinguished - they also isolated the power and ventilated the house.

No-one was injured.


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed