[an error occurred while processing this directive]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Spar fire caused by electrical fault

Tue, 12 Aug 2014


Faulty electrics were to blame for a fire at the Spar in Port Jack in Onchan yesterday.

Firefighters were called to the shop at 3.36pm after a fault on the intake board in the store room.

It had caused a rapidly developing fire and the store was heavily smoke logged.

Manx Utilities isolated all power to the property, and neighbouring properties, until firefighters could extinguish the fire using a ventilation fan.

Crews remained in attendance until 7.30pm cutting away affected walls and ceilings and removing fire debris in order to make the premises safe.
 


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed