[an error occurred while processing this directive]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Jaks fire caused by 'electrical failure'

Thu, 17 Apr 2014


Pub and restaurant goers were evacuated from a popular Douglas bar last night after a fire broke out.

Emergency services, and the Manx Utilities Authority, were called to Jaks on Loch Promenade – it’s believed the blaze was caused by an 'electrical failure'.

No one was injured in the incident – the business will remain closed today while a full assessment of the property is carried out during daylight hours.

The directors of Jaks have thanked the emergency response teams for their help – in a post on Facebook they say the venue could be closed for two weeks.


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed