[an error occurred while processing this directive]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Charger sets bed on fire

Fri, 21 Jun 2013


A faulty electrical charger caused a bedroom fire in Douglas last night.

Firefighters were called to a property at White Hoe on the Old Castletown Road at 8.40pm.

On arrival they discovered a bed had gone up in flames on the first floor of the property – however the fire had already been extinguished.

The fire was caused by the charger which although disconnected had been left switched on and on the bed causing the bed sheets to ignite.

Crews spent an hour at the scene ventilating the premises. No one was injured.


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed