Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Washing appliance starts fire at residential home

Thu, 19 Apr 2018


Fire crews were called to a residential home in Douglas after a washing appliance caught fire.

Firefighters from Douglas were called to Springfield Grange shortly before midday yesterday after the fire was discovered in the room next to the kitchen at the facility.

Staff at the home confirmed everyone was accounted for, while the safety systems at the building isolated the electrical supply and closed the internal fire doors, ensuring the flames didn't spread.

Officers praised the action of the staff, ensuring the systems were used quickly to limit the damage.

The fire was confined to the appliance and started due to the failure of an electrical component.

The fire service says the incident highlights the importance of having well-rehearsed emergency procedures in place.


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed