Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Two treated for smoke inhalation after flat fire

Wed, 01 Nov 2017

Two people needed treatment for smoke inhalation following a fire in Onchan.

Fire crews were called to the incident at Ballachrink Drive shortly after 2pm yesterday.

The fire was in the kitchen of a first floor flat, with all people able to get out of the building before the emergency services arrives.

Two residents were assessed by paramedics after suffering from smoke inhalation, while the fire officers were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

The team remained at the scene for around an hour to clear the smoke.

An accidentally switched on hob was the cause of the incident, setting fire to flammable materials resting on top of the appliance.


Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed