Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Flat fire sparks evacuation warning

Wed, 17 Aug 2016


Firefighters are urging people to have an evacuation plan in place in case of a fire at their property. 
 
It follows a flat fire in Port St Mary on Monday night - the alarm was raised at 7.30pm after a passer-by noticed thick black smoke pouring out of the top floor window. 
 
The occupants were able to get to safety although one was given oxygen therapy at the scene. 
 
The fire was confined to the kitchen and had been caused by pans being left unattended on the hob.

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed