[an error occurred while processing this directive]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Overloaded plug socket causes garage fire

Tue, 23 Apr 2013

Fire crews were called to a garage fire in Onchan yesterday which was caused by an overloaded plug socket.

Two pumps from Douglas were called to the property on Royal Terrace just before 4pm.

Firefighters spent two and a half hours at the scene bringing the blaze under control.

No-one was injured but substantial damage was caused to items in the garage including an oil tank.

The Fire Service is reminding the public to be aware of the dangers of overloading plug sockets and says too many electrical appliances can cause them to overheat.


Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed