Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Resident rescued after smoke alarms fail

Mon, 05 Nov 2012


A Peel resident had a lucky escape this weekend after a fire in their property.

Fire crews were called to the Reayrt-ny-Cronk estate just after midnight after the person woke up to find the house full of smoke.

On their arrival firefighters found that the blaze – caused by the grill pan – had already been extinguished by a police officer who had entered the property and turned off the cooker.

The resident was treated for smoke inhalation using oxygen therapy equipment.

Isle of Man Fire and Rescue say they were lucky because not all the smoke alarms in the house were properly maintained – with one having no batteries in it.


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed