Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Reflected sunlight sparks a blaze in Douglas

Mon, 08 Oct 2012


A Douglas Fire crew responded to a potentially major incident in Governor’s Hill on Saturday.

 

The alarm was raised in Douglas after neighbours noticed smoke coming from the home's living room.

Fire fighters believe a cosmetics mirror reflected the sunlight and sparked a flame onto the curtains.

 

There was nobody in the house but a dog was heard barking from inside.

The crew forced entry and extinguished the fire, managing to confine the damage to the window area.

 

No one was harmed and the dog escaped unscathed.


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed