Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Flat fire in Castletown caused by electrical unit

Fri, 28 Sep 2012


Three fire engines were dispatched last night after an electrical fault caused a fire in a flat in Castletown.

They were called into action at 7.20pm following a 999 call from Malew Street.

On arrival two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus discovered the fire had been caused by the electrical consumer unit.

The supply to it was isolated and the flat, which was smoke logged, was then cleared.

No serious damage was caused and the occupants were not injured after safely vacating the premises. 

 


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed