Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Woman and child rescued after flat fire

Mon, 17 Sep 2012


Fire crews say a woman and child had a lucky escape this weekend following a flat fire in Castletown.

Firefighters were called to the property on Malew Street just before 10pm on Friday to reports of a fire alarm going off.

On arrival they found smoke issuing from a first floor flat which had been caused by a grill pan being left unattended as the woman slept.

Paramedics treated the pair at the scene and no further hospital treatment was required.

The Fire Service says it was lucky that no one was severely injured and that the damage was limited.


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed