Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Fire crews called out after electrical fault

Mon, 23 Jul 2012


The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service is advising people to have their electrics checked periodically following an incident in Douglas at the weekend.

Crews were called out after the smell of burning was reported at a shop in Duke Street on Friday evening.

Fire officers found that IT equipment and a light fitting had burnt out.

The fault was traced to a fuse board.

Crews says electrics should be inspected from time to time by a registered electrician and that sockets and circuits shouldn't be overloaded.

 


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed