Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Unattended pan causes fire at Douglas flat

Sat, 05 May 2012


Fire crews were called out in the early hours of this morning following reports of a kitchen fire in Douglas.

The occupant of the flat on Woodbourne Road had managed to partially put the fire out.

They were taken to Noble's by ambulance to be checked over by medical staff.

Fire officers found the cause of the fire to be a pan left unattended on the cooker.

Crews spent around 2 hours at the scene, and there was fire damage to the kitchen, whilst the rest of the flat was heavily smoke logged.

 


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed