Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Elderly lady taken to hospital following hob fire

Thu, 19 Apr 2012


An elderly lady was taken to Noble's Hospital following a fire at a flat in Douglas

Fire crews were called out to the flat on King Edward Road after an electric hob caused the blaze last night.

The only person in the flat managed to get out of the flat before officers arrived.

The hob appeared to have accidentally been left on for a long time.

As a result the contents of the drawer below the hob caught alight.

Officers say the damage was minor, and they spent around 30 minutes at the scene.

 


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed