Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Carbon monoxide reminder from fire crews

Wed, 18 Apr 2012


Fire safety officers are reminding the Manx public of the dangers of carbon monoxide.

Crews were called out in the early hours of yesterday morning to a home in Douglas where the carbon monoxide detector had been triggered.

The alarm was set off by blow back from an oil fired Aga cooker.

The occupant wasn't harmed in the incident.

Oil burners, gas appliances, cookers and fireplaces should all be checked regularly to ensure they don't pose a carbon monoxide poisoning risk.

Officers are urging anyone with carbon burning appliances in their home to ensure they have an alarm fitted.

 


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed