Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Neighbour alerts crews to house fire

Mon, 09 Apr 2012


Fire crews were called out to a house fire in Douglas last night after a neighbour spotted flames through a kitchen window.

The occupants of the house in Oak Avenue in Pulrose weren't home at the time.

Crews entered the home just after nine o'clock to find that a ring on the stove had been left on and set fire to food stored on top of the cooker.

The Fire and Rescue Service are reminding people not to leave ovens unattended if they're in use and not to store flammable items nearby.

 


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed