Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Fire officers issue carbon monoxide poisoning advice

Wed, 21 Mar 2012


The Isle of Man Fire Service is issuing advice on what to do if you think there's a carbon monoxide leak in your home.

Fire crews on the Island have been called out twice recently to incidents involving carbon monoxide.

Officers say the substance can be produced by cookers, heaters, tumble dryers and hot-water heaters.

Carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal or can cause permanent damage to a person's health.

Symptoms of poisoning include nausea, dizziness, lethargy and in extreme cases pink skin and bright red lips.

Anyone who believes they have carbon monoxide poisoning should visit their GP as soon as possible.

If you suspect an appliance is leaking carbon monoxide, the fire service says you should switch it off and open all doors and windows, and get the item checked by a professional.

 


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed