Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Family's lucky escape from house fire

Wed, 14 Mar 2012

A family with a young baby have had a lucky escape after a fire in their home in Douglas.

Fire crews were called out to Hillberry Lakes in Governor's Hill at 2am today.

Rescuers had reports that people were trapped inside the house, but when they arrived the couple had managed to get themselves and their child out of the building.

The blaze had broken out in the baby's bedroom and was caused by an electrical fault.

Station Officer John Bellis says it was the infant who alerted the parents to the fire.[play media file below]




  • Station Officer John Bellis


Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed