Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Fire in Colby

Fri, 13 Jan 2012

Fire crews are advising that home electrical installations should be tested every ten years.

It comes after a fire in a garage in Colby this morning.

Firefighters were called out just after 11 o'clock, although when they arrived the occupant had managed to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher.

A fuse box in the garage was completely destroyed.

It's advised that electrical installations are checked at least every ten years and people are asked to consider fitting a heat or smoke detector in their garage.



Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed