Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Sailings cancelled with more disruption possible later

Tue, 03 Jan 2012


This morning's sailing to Heysham has been cancelled due to the weather conditions.

The Ben-my-Chree won't go to Heysham this morning, meaning the return crossing at 2.15pm is also cancelled.

The overnight sailing has been delayed docking due to the high winds.

Winds reaching severe gale force 9 and occasionally storm 10 are forecast today.

Those booked to travel on the cancelled sailings are asked to contact the Steam Packet on 661661 after 8.30 this morning.

There's a further warning that there could be disruption or cancellation to the 7.45pm journey and the return crossing at 2.15 tomorrow morning.

There'll be an update from the ferry operator by 5.00pm



Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed