Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

No sailings for Saturday

Sat, 03 Dec 2011

There are yet more sailing cancellations today.

The 8.00am crossing to Heysham and return sailing at 2.15pm have been called off due to the weather forecast.

The sailings had already been switched from Birkenhead to Heysham to increase the chances of them being able to go ahead.

There was no crossing scheduled for this evening so the next departure will be tomorrow morning.

The Ben-my-Chree currently has manoeuvrability problems due to a damaged bow thruster.

Yesterday the Steam Packet Company said it had been badly let down by the manufacturer whilst waiting for the repair.

The strong winds are set to remain for at least the next five days.

Anyone who was booked to travel with the Steam Packet today should contact their Reservations Team on 661 661


Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed