Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Fire crews attend overheating tumble dryer

Mon, 22 Aug 2011

Fire crews were called out after a tumble dryer overheated in Farmhill at the weekend.

Only an electric plug socket was damaged in the incident, after the occupants were able to isolate the power.

No-one was injured, and crews spent just 20 minutes at the scene.

Fire safety officers say tumble dryers should be checked for poor ventilation.



Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed