Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Gas bottle believed to have caused explosion in Onchan

Wed, 03 Aug 2011

It's fortunate there were no injuries when a motorhome exploded in Onchan this afternoon.

The vehicle was parked on Belgravia Road when witnesses reported hearing a loud explosion and seeing the campervan up in flames.

The area by Onchan Pleasure Park was relatively busy at the time.

The blaze was extinguished quickly once fire crews arrived although roads in the area were closed for a time while the scene was cleared and made safe.

People at the scene report it was caused by a gas bottle.




Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed