Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Safety advice following house fire

Mon, 25 Jul 2011

Fires crews are issuing a safety reminder after an electrical fire at a house in Douglas.

It happened yesterday afternoon in Ballakermeen Avenue.

The owner of the house had found the lounge smoke-logged.

They were able to get out safely to call emergency services.

Fire crews found the cause to be an over-loaded multi-plug adaptor and a chair being placed on the cable.

This made it overheat and catch fire.

The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service says appliances, plugs and cables that are old or poorly wired pose a risk.

Danger signs to look out for include hot plugs or sockets, scorch marks, frayed wires and overloaded sockets.



Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed