[an error occurred while processing this directive]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Tumble dryer causes Crosby fire

Mon, 20 Jun 2011

Fire crews were called to Crosby after a tumble dryer caught fire.

The blaze on the upper floor of the property was confined to the kitchen, however the property had become heavily smoked logged in the incident early on Saturday morning.

The occupants had fled before the arrival of fire crews and were uninjured, however their dogs needed treatment from a vet after suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.

Officers remained at the scene for around 75 minutes to remove damaged items and ensure the fire hadn't spread.



Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed