Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Faulty hearth caused house fire

Tue, 28 Dec 2010

A faulty hearth in a coal fire resulted in a slow burning fire in a house on Princes Street in Douglas.

Hot embers had fallen through the hearth, causing a fire in the joist and floor boards of the lounge.

Fire crews were called out yesterday morning and spent over an hour and a half at the scene.

An electrician had to be called out as some electrics had been burnt.

It's believed the fire had been undetected for some time, and that there could have been serious consequences if it had remained for much longer.


Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed