Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Mother and baby hospitalised after hob incident

Mon, 15 Nov 2010

A mother and her baby were admitted to hospital after their flat in Ramsey became smoke logged.

The flat became smoke logged after empty food packaging fell onto the hob whilst it was still warm, resulting in the packaging smouldering.

Fire crews were called to the flat yesterday evening, and spent around two hours at the scene.

The woman was later discharged, but remained in hospital with her baby, who was admitted to the children's ward for observations.

Fire safety officers say care should be taken when loose items are stored around hot cooking appliances, such as hobs.


Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed