Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

House fire in Braddan

Sat, 18 Sep 2010

The Fire Service attended a house fire in Braddan early this morning.

at 0551, crews were dispatched to Ballamillaghyn Mount Rule to extinguish the fire.

A woman, the only occupant of the house needed treatment for smoke inhalation on the scene and and was later admitted to Nobels Hospital.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been a cooker that had accidentally been left on.

Once again Manx residents are being reminded of the importance of having, and regularly testing, at least one smoke detector in their property.


Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed